Acton Memorial Library
Acton Memorial Library provides study rooms for small groups or other tasks which may not be easily accomplished in other areas of the library. These rules are intended to assist in the equitable use of the spaces while supporting the library’s priority on literacy. Access to the study rooms may be denied if users fail to comply with the rules. You can sign up for a study room at the Information Services desk or online on the
Use of Rooms
- Capacity is limited to no more than three people in the small conference rooms and five people in the microfilm room.
- Study rooms are for non-commercial purposes only.
- Use by an individual or group is limited to two hours per day. The time limit may be extended if no others are waiting for the room at the end of the time block.
- If an individual or group has been using a room for more than two hours and someone else is waiting to use the room, the study room users must vacate within five minutes.
- When not reserved, study rooms may be used on a first come, first served basis by individuals or small groups following sign-in at the Reference Desk.
- Study room users should leave the study room 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Anyone who damages a study room, behaves inappropriately while using a study room, or uses a study room in a way that disturbs other library users will be asked to leave the room. Repeated or severe misuse shall be cause for denial of future use.
- The library will take study room reservations up to a month in advance for students and tutors of non-profit literacy organizations and tutors working with students from the Acton-Boxborough Regional School District in lieu of class attendance. Sign up for a study room at the Information Services desk or online on the Library website.
- The library will also take reservations up to one week in advance for other individuals and small groups.
- Occasional reservations for other uses may be made at the discretion of the Reference Staff.
- Rooms will be held for ten minutes past the reserved start time.
- You must sign in at the Reference Desk. Repeated failure to sign in or to notify the library if a reservation is canceled may result in denial of future reservations.
Direct any questions about study room reservations or this policy to the Library Director or their designated representative.
Approved by the Acton Memorial Library Board of Trustees 6/22/2023.