Town of Acton Libraries
Acton Memorial Library and West Acton Citizens’ Library provide a limited amount of bulletin board space in the library for non-commercial individuals, groups, and organizations in the community to display civic, cultural, and educational information, and to announce events and services that are of general and current interest. These types of materials are different from the library’s collection of print and non-print materials and are not selected by library staff. Acceptance of materials for display does not imply the library’s endorsement of a group or organization, its policies or beliefs.
Terms and Conditions for Posting
- Bulletin board space is provided for announcements of dated non-recurring Acton events; other event announcements will be considered, space permitting.
- All materials posted must be approved and posted by designated library staff. Materials posted or left on tables without authorization will be removed and discarded.
- Materials larger than 8.5”x11” may be rejected because of space limitations.
- All materials must appear professional. Handwritten material will not be posted.
- Materials specific to Acton take precedence over materials from neighboring communities.
- Materials posted for over 1 (one) month or past event date may be removed. Once materials are removed, they are discarded.
- Any materials posted for an event, program, service, et. al. that require monetary compensation for participation will be rejected and discarded.
- Name and contact information of the group sponsoring or benefiting from an event, and the date and location of the event, must be included in materials posted or distributed.
- Any materials soliciting votes or signatures will not be posted.
- Materials for library bulletin boards must be appropriate for all ages.
Approved by the Board of Trustees of Acton Memorial Library this 26th day of August, 2023.