Online Technology Tutorials
General Technology Skills
- GCF Learn Free, from the Goodwill Community Foundation - Lessons and videos on a wide variety of technology skills including the basics, software tutorials and essential skills for living in the online world. Also available in Spanish.
- Digital Learn, from the Public Library Association - Online tutorials to help you tackle technology at your own pace. Also available in Spanish.
- Computer Basics, from GCF Learn Free - This tutorial provides overviews on several topics related to how computers work, including the parts of a computer, understanding the Internet and the cloud, and keeping your computer clean.
- Computer Keyboard Shortcut Keys, from ComputerHope.com - Links to lists of keyboard shortcuts for function keys, Apple, Windows, Microsoft Word and more.
- Windows 10 Tutorial, from GCF Learn Free - This tutorial provides an overview of Windows 10, offers answers to frequently asked questions, and guides you through the basics to start using this operating system. Includes a tutorial for using Windows 10 on a tablet.
- Windows Help, from Microsoft - This resource is Microsoft's support page for Windows. Support available for Windows 8.1 and 10 -- select the appropriate version from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows, from Microsoft - Use these keystroke combinations to perform tasks for which you would otherwise use a mouse. Shortcut tables available for Windows 8.1 and 10 -- select the appropriate version from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Microsoft Edge Help, from Microsoft - This resource is Microsoft's support page for the Edge browser, which replaced Internet Explorer as the default web browser in Windows 10.
- macOS Basics, from GCF Learn Free - Whether you're using macOS Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan or Yosemite, this tutorial will cover the most important things you'll need to know.
- Apple Support -- Apple's official support page. Includes support for Mac, Apple mobile devices and more.
- Samsung Mobile Support - Samsung's official support page for mobile devices, including phones and tablets.
- Microsoft Office Tutorials, from GCF Learn Free -Tips and tutorials for Office 2000, XP, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
- Office Training, from Microsoft - If you’re looking for help in Word, Excel, Powerpoint or other Microsoft products, these tutorials will help. Includes Office Quick Start guides and support for getting started with Microsoft 365, formerly Office 365.
- Google Help - Google's support page for all of its services. Includes support for Gmail, Google Drive, YouTube and more.
- Google Tutorials, from GCF Learn Free - Tips and tutorials for Google products. Includes Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Maps, Google Forms, and Google Classroom.
- OneDrive Help & Learning, from Microsoft - Support and training page for OneDrive, Microsoft's free online storage app.
- Dropbox Tutorial, from GCF Learn Free -- Get started with Dropbox, a popular cloud-based service for storing and sharing files and photos.
- Internet for Beginners, from the Boston Public Library. Includes information on Internet browsers, search engines and more.
- Internet Basics, from GCF Learn Free - An introductory guide to Internet basics, including information on web browsers and search engines.
- Internet Security and Privacy
- Using the Internet for Research, from the University of Rhode Island - Includes tips for basic and advanced searching. Click on the yellow tabs at the top of the page to read each section.
- News Literacy
- Finding Images Online, from Harvard Law School - To help you avoid violating copyright, this guide explains the difference between public domain and Creative Commons licensing. Includes links to resources for finding public domain and Creative Commons-licensed images, audio files, and videos.
- Images: A Guide to Finding Visual Resources, from Cornell University Library - Includes information on copyright and citing images, as well as resources for finding images online.
- Facebook Help Center - Support page for Facebook. Topics include managing your account, privacy and safety, reporting problems or abuse to Facebook, and deactivating or deleting your account.
- Twitter Help Center - Support page for Twitter. Learn how to create and use a Twitter account, including how to customize your profile and privacy settings.
- LinkedIn Help - LinkedIn's support page includes information on getting started with LinkedIn and known issues with the website.
Last updated on 07-28-2020