Computers and Tech
- Public computers on the upper level provide Internet access and Microsoft Office 2010. Public computers in the Children's Room provide filtered Internet access for children. Users must sign-in to a computer with a library card or guest pass. Time limits may apply. The library's Internet Access Policy can be found HERE.
- Users of the library's public computers may save files to their own flash drives.
- Printing is available from public computers for 10 cents per page for black or 25 cents per page for color. Pre-payment through a "print account" is required. To set up a print account, simply present your library card and payment (cash or check) to the staff at the Reference desk on the upper level.
- Wireless Internet access, courtesy of the Town IT Department, is available throughout the library. The wireless network name or SSID (Service Set Identifier) is “Acton Memorial Library”. Access is free. No registration or password is required. Users agree to abide by the library's Wireless Access and Internet Usage policies. Printing from the wireless network is currently NOT available.
- Wireless Mobile Hotspots are available to borrow. These small devices allow you to take the Internet with you wherever you go. Adults with a library card can check the hotspots out for 2 weeks. Ask at the Circulation desk for more information. Acton residents can place a hold on a hotspot through the Minuteman Catalog: https://find.minlib.net/iii/encore/record/C__Rb3630470
- Photocopiers are available on the lower and upper levels. Photocopies are 10 cents per page for black and 25 cents per page for color. The photocopier on the upper level can also scan to and print from a user's personal USB drive.
- An iPad with Children's apps is located in the Children's Room.
- The following small items are available at the Reference Desk for use in the library:
- Power Pax mobile chargers for mobile phones and tablets
- Scientific calculator
- USB "floppy" drive for 3.5 inch disks
- USB camera card (SD card) reader
- Chromebooks are available at the Reference Desk for use in the library. Users agree to abide by the library's Chromebook Lending policy.
- A sheetfed scanner with OCR capability is available on the upper level.
- A microfilm (reel/fiche) reader/printer/scanner is located on the upper level. Users may save images to a USB drive.
- The library does NOT have a public fax machine.