Tax Filing Information
- Federal forms and publications are available online at: irs.gov/forms. You may order other forms to be delivered by U.S. mail at: irs.gov/orderforms, or by calling 1-800-829-3676. The library has a supply of the Form 1040 booklets and instructions.
- Massachusetts forms and instructions are available online at: mass.gov/dor/forms or by calling the Department of Revenue at 1-800-392-6089. The library (as of 3/12) has a small supply of the Form 1 booklets. Limit 1 per household due to limited supply.
- 1099, W2, and other employer forms can be ordered online at: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/online-ordering-for-information-returns-and-employer-returns.
- Acton Area AARP Tax Aide line at 978-760-9146. All upcomings appointments are canceled. If you are calling about a previous tax return, please leave a message.
Statement from AARP regarding Tax Aide program: "As coronavirus (COVID-19) developments change hour by hour, AARP Foundation is doing its part to flatten the curve of transmission. A top priority for us is ensuring we are protecting those most at risk, including our volunteers and taxpayers. Therefore, we are suspending AARP Foundation Tax-Aide services beginning March 16 until further notice. We will continue to assess whether we can open again in some or all sites for the remainder of the tax season and if the tax season is extended. Check this web page periodically or call 1-888-227-7669 for updates about the status of Tax-Aide sites."
- IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs
- IRS.gov Tax Exempt Organization Search (formerly Select Check): Information about tax-exempt organizations, including those eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
The following tax reference materials are available in the library:
- The Ernst & Young Tax Guide
- J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax
- United States Master Tax Guide
- Guidebook to Massachusetts Taxes
If you have questions about any of the information on this page, please call the Acton Memorial Library Reference Desk at 978-929-6543.