Tax Filing Information
- Federal forms and publications are available online at: irs.gov/forms. You may order other forms to be delivered by U.S. mail at: irs.gov/orderforms, or by calling 1-800-829-3676.
- Massachusetts forms and instructions are available online at: mass.gov/dor/forms or by calling the Department of Revenue at 1-800-392-6089.
- 1099, W2, and other employer forms can be ordered online at: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/online-ordering-for-information-returns-and-employer-returns.
- Acton Area AARP Tax Aide line at 978-760-9146.
Statement from AARP regarding Tax Aide program as of May 28, 2020: "Because of the current suspension of in-person tax assistance, Tax-Aide is providing access to selected tax preparation software so taxpayers can prepare and file their own tax returns — at no cost. Find out more here. We will provide additional virtual options to this page over the next several weeks.
We will continue to assess whether we can open in-person service again in some or all Tax-Aide sites this season now that the tax filing deadline has been postponed to July 15, 2020. Check this web page periodically or call 1-888-227-7669 for updates."
- IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs
- IRS.gov Tax Exempt Organization Search (formerly Select Check): Information about tax-exempt organizations, including those eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
The following tax reference materials are available in the library:
- The Ernst & Young Tax Guide
- J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax
- United States Master Tax Guide
- Guidebook to Massachusetts Taxes
If you have questions about any of the information on this page, please call the Acton Memorial Library Reference Desk at 978-929-6543.