Tax Filing Information
- Federal forms and publications are available online at: irs.gov/forms. You may order other forms to be delivered by U.S. mail at: irs.gov/orderforms, or by calling 1-800-829-3676. July 16, 2020, update: "The IRS’s National Distribution Center is closed until further notice. We are not able to take any orders for forms or publications to be mailed during this time."
- Massachusetts forms and instructions are available online at: mass.gov/dor/forms or by calling the Department of Revenue at 1-800-392-6089.
- 1099, W2, and other employer forms can be ordered online at: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/online-ordering-for-information-returns-and-employer-returns. July 16, 2020, update: "The IRS’s National Distribution Center is closed until further notice. We are not able to take any orders for forms or publications to be mailed during this time."
- Acton Area AARP Tax Aide line at 978-760-9146.
Statement from AARP regarding Tax Aide program as of July 16, 2020: "Most Tax-Aide services have concluded for the 2020 tax season to align with the July 15 extended filing deadline. If you are a taxpayer who still has an appointment scheduled for after July 15, please follow the instructions provided by your point of contact.
Tax-Aide is also providing software options to file taxes on your own—at no cost."
- IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs
- IRS.gov Tax Exempt Organization Search (formerly Select Check): Information about tax-exempt organizations, including those eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
The following tax reference materials are available in the library:
- The Ernst & Young Tax Guide
- J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax
- United States Master Tax Guide
- Guidebook to Massachusetts Taxes
If you have questions about any of the information on this page, please call the Acton Memorial Library Reference Desk at 978-929-6543.