Tax Filing Information
- Federal forms and publications are available online at: irs.gov/forms. You may order other forms to be delivered by U.S. mail at: irs.gov/orderforms, or by calling 1-800-829-3676. The library now has a supply of the Form 1040 booklets and instructions.
- Massachusetts forms and instructions are available online at: mass.gov/dor/forms or by calling the Department of Revenue at 1-800-392-6089. The library (as of 2/14) has a small supply of the Form 1 booklets. Limit 1 per household due to limited supply.
- 1099, W2, and other employer forms can be ordered online at: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/online-ordering-for-information-returns-and-employer-returns.
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is available free to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those 60 and older. Appointments are limited to those who earn less than the MA CB limit of $88,000. Complex issues such as net business loss, depreciation, rental income, and other extraordinary items may be out-of-scope, so please mention your issues when you call. An appointment is REQUIRED. To make one, call the Acton Area AARP Tax Aide line at 978-760-9146 after January 18, 2020.
Other AARP Tax Aide sites: AARP Foundation Tax Aide Locator (available late January/early February to April 15)
- IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs
- IRS.gov Tax Exempt Organization Search (formerly Select Check): Information about tax-exempt organizations, including those eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
The following tax reference materials are available in the library:
- The Ernst & Young Tax Guide
- J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax
- United States Master Tax Guide
- Guidebook to Massachusetts Taxes
If you have questions about any of the information on this page, please call the Acton Memorial Library Reference Desk at 978-929-6543.