Job Search and Career
Career Counseling and Workshops
- MassHire Metro South/West Career Center is part of a statewide network of workforce locations serving 43 cities and towns. Available services include career counseling, resume writing assistance, interview preparation, job leads and referrals, job skills workshops and more.
- MassHire Metro South/West Job Seeker Resources: Links covering the categories of Job Search, Career Search, Business Journals, Resume Help, Interview Help, Labor Market, and more
- MassHire Lowell Career Center Job Seeker Resources: Another site with links to Job Boards, Occupational Research, and Partner Organizations
- GCFLearnFree: Free online learning includes modules on Work and Career topics, as well as technology topics
- CareerOneStop, from the U.S. Department of Labor: Online tools, videos, and articles covering the job search process, training resources, and career exploration
- O*NET OnLine, from the U.S. Department of Labor: Detailed descriptions of almost 1,000 occupations across all industries. Search by keyword or browse by industry, knowledge area, skills, and more.
Books and Other Library Materials
- Careers: Search the Minuteman Catalog for books on individual career choices (engineers, nature lovers, history majors, etc.)
- Job Hunting: Search the Minuteman Catalog for books on job hunting strategies.
- Resumes and Cover Letters: Search the Minuteman Catalog for books that offer help in creating effective and contemporary resumes and cover letters.
- Interviewing: Search the Minuteman Catalog for books with advice on what to expect, how to prepare, and how to make a good impression at the all-important job interview.
- Job Hunting with Social Media: Search the Minuteman Catalog for books on using social media in your job search.
- Career Transitions
- ReferenceUSA (comprehensive business directory with company profiles)
This page was last updated on 02/05/2020