Online Technology Tutorials
General Technology Skills
- GCF Learn Free, from the Goodwill Community Foundation - Lessons and videos on a wide variety of technology skills including the basics, software tutorials and essential skills for living in the online world. Also available in Spanish.
- Digital Learn, from the Public Library Association - Online tutorials to help you tackle technology at your own pace. Also available in Spanish.
- Computer Basics, from GCF Learn Free - This tutorial provides overviews on several topics related to how computers work, including the parts of a computer, understanding the Internet and the cloud, and keeping your computer clean.
- Computer Keyboard Shortcut Keys, from ComputerHope.com - Links to lists of keyboard shortcuts for function keys, Apple, Windows, Microsoft Word and more.
- Windows 10 Tutorial, from GCF Learn Free - This tutorial provides an overview of Windows 10, offers answers to frequently asked questions, and guides you through the basics to start using this operating system. Includes a tutorial for using Windows 10 on a tablet.
- Windows Help, from Microsoft - This resource is Microsoft's support page for Windows. Support available for Windows 8.1, 10 Mobile, and 10 -- select the appropriate version from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows, from Microsoft - Use these keystroke combinations to perform tasks for which you would otherwise use a mouse. Shortcut tables available for Windows 8.1 and 10 -- select the appropriate version from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Microsoft Edge Help, from Microsoft - This resource is Microsoft's support page for the Edge browser, which replaced Internet Explorer as the default web browser in Windows 10.
- macOS Basics, from GCF Learn Free - Whether you're using macOS Mojave, High Sierra, El Capitan or Yosemite, this tutorial will cover the most important things you'll need to know.
- Apple Support -- Apple's official support page. Includes support for Mac, Apple mobile devices and more.
- Samsung Mobile Support - Samsung's official support page for mobile devices, including phones and tablets.
- Microsoft Office Tutorials, from GCF Learn Free -Tips and tutorials for Office 2000, XP, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
- Office Training Center, from Microsoft - If you’re looking for help in Word, Excel, Powerpoint or other Microsoft products, these tutorials will help.
- Office 365 Basics, from Microsoft - An overview of Office 365 and how to get started with it.
- Microsoft Office Training Manuals (PDFs), from Best STL, a London-based company. Free manuals for Office 2007, 2010, and 2013. Also includes links to free Quick Reference Guides for Office 2007.
- Google Help - Google's support page for all of its services. Includes support for Gmail, Google Drive, YouTube and more.
- Google Tutorials, from GCF Learn Free - Tips and tutorials for Google products. Includes Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Maps, Google Forms, and Google Classroom.
- OneDrive Help & Learning, from Microsoft - Support and training page for OneDrive, Microsoft's free online storage app.
- Dropbox Tutorial, from GCF Learn Free -- Get started with Dropbox, a popular cloud-based service for storing and sharing files and photos.
- Internet Basics, from GCF Learn Free - An introductory guide to Internet basics, including information on web browsers and search engines.
- Internet Security and Privacy
- Searching the Web, from Prince George's Community College (Maryland) - Learn about Internet basics, including terminology, web browsers and search engines. Click on the blue buttons on the left to read each section.
- News Literacy
- Finding Images Online, from Harvard Law School - To help you avoid violating copyright, this guide explains the difference between public domain and Creative Commons licensing. Includes links to resources for finding public domain and Creative Commons-licensed images, audio files, and videos.
- Images: A Guide to Finding Visual Resources, from Cornell University Library - Includes information on copyright and citing images, as well as resources for finding images online.
- Facebook Help Center - Support page for Facebook. Topics include managing your account, privacy and safety, reporting problems or abuse to Facebook, and deactivating or deleting your account.
- Twitter Help Center - Support page for Twitter. Learn how to create and use a Twitter account, including how to customize your profile and privacy settings.
- LinkedIn Help - LinkedIn's support page includes information on getting started with LinkedIn and known issues with the website.
Last updated on 03-27-2020