Information about citizenship and immigration resources can be found on our Citizenship & Immigration Resources Page.
Library Resources for English Language Learners
- Literacy Collection: books and audio CDs on learning English. Most items may be borrowed for three weeks and may be renewed.
- TOEFL and citizenship test preparation books.
- Online TOEFL and citizenship practice tests available through Gale Presents: Peterson's Test Prep.
- Online ESOL courses available through Mango Languages and Transparent Language Online.
- Study rooms for English learners and their non-profit tutors (call ahead to schedule a room).
- The library provides meeting room space for English at Large, a non-profit organization serving English language learners.
- Tutor Resources via English at Large
- Links to Instructional Resources, via Massachusetts Coalition for Adult Education
- English Resources Directory, from the Massachusetts Office for Refugees & Immigrants
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), from Educational Testing Service: Find information about the test, register for a testing date, and access preparation materials.
- Acton Memorial Library, Reference Department, www.actonmemoriallibrary.org, 978-929-6657.
- English at Large, for ESOL tutors and conversation groups, www.englishatlarge.org, 781-395-2374.
- Hudson Maynard Adult Learning Center, for ESOL classes, www.hudsonadulted.org, 978-567-6250 x15102
- Massachusetts Adult Literacy Hotline, information and referrals for adult learners and volunteers, http://massliteracyhotline.org, 1-800-447-8844
This page was last updated on 09.24.2019