The Genealogy Collection is a non-circulating, secure collection of materials that aid family history research. The collection has an emphasis on Massachusetts and also on the Civil War. The Genealogy Collection is accessible whenever the library is open. Researchers are asked to sign in at the Reference Desk before using the collection.
The library also maintains subscriptions to the following electronic resources:
- American Ancestors (library use only)
- Ancestry Library Edition (library use only)
- Fold3 Library Edition, by Ancestry (includes remote access for Acton residents)
- HeritageQuest (includes remote access for all card holders)
- MyHeritage Library Edition (includes remote access for Acton residents)
- NewspaperARCHIVE (includes remote access for Acton residents)
To access these databases, visit our E-Resources page and scroll down to the Genealogy & Local History category.