Acton COVID-19 Experience Archives
A joint project of the Acton Historical Society and the Acton Memorial Library
The Acton Historical Society and the Acton Memorial Library are collaborating on a project to chronicle the effects that the COVID-19 outbreak has had on the daily lives of the Acton community. Our thoughts go out to all whose lives have been upended. For those who are in a position to share your stories, we would like to add your memories to our archives so that future generations can better understand this experience from those who are living through it. We would welcome digital and physical items to document the challenges and opportunities you are facing, including:
- Diaries, letters, journals, and logs
- Stories on workarounds to cancelled events such as weddings, school, graduations, etc.
- How you occupied yourselves as you sheltered at home
- Photos, drawings, paintings, and other artwork
- Your personal digital content and social media posts
There are several ways to submit your memories:
- Submit online with the submission form on the Acton Historical Society website.
- Email your submissions to the Acton Memorial Library at: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Acton Historical Society at: email@example.com
- Mail paper written memories via U.S. postal service addressed to: COVID-19 Memories, c/o Acton Memorial Library, 486 Main St., Acton MA 01720, or to: Acton Historical Society at P.O. Box 2389, Acton, MA 01720
If you would prefer to make submissions of physical items, please first email or call the Historical Society at (978) 264-0690. While physical items will remain at the Society, digital records will be shared with and jointly owned by the Memorial Library.
Please note that by submitting your memories to the Acton COVID-19 Experience Archives, you agree that your submission becomes the property of the Acton Historical Society and the Acton Memorial Library and may be used, shared and published, including online.