Introducing Kanopy, a movie streaming service now available to Acton residents with your library card! Stream thousands of documentaries, indie films, classic films, and other original content to your computer, mobile or TV device.
Enjoy 10 movies per calendar month.
- WHILE THE LIBRARY IS CLOSED DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS, PLAY CREDITS HAVE BEEN INCREASED TO 15 PER ACTON RESIDENT CARD HOLDER -
Movies are available on demand with no waiting and no overdue fees! Once you check out a film, you have 72 hours to view it, as many times as you like. Also enjoy "Kanopy Kids" and "Great Courses" with unlimited viewing.
To get started:
- Go to https://acton.kanopy.com
- Click on "Add Library Card"
- Type your library card number.
- Create a Kanopy account by entering your name, email address, and creating a Kanopy password.
- Kanopy will send you a verification email. Verify your email address by clicking on the link in the email.
- After verification, login at https://acton.kanopy.com with your email address and Kanopy password.
You’re now ready to enjoy thousands of movies at your fingertips!
Need troubleshooting help? Visit Kanopy’s troubleshooting page.