COVID-19 Library Closure
Last updated: April 1, 2020
Acton Memorial Library Closure Information
The Acton Memorial Library is closed to the public until further notice to help minimize the spread of COVID-19.
This is a challenging time, and we appreciate your support and understanding in the days and weeks ahead. We continue to receive guidance from local and state public health officials regarding COVID-19, and to work with Town colleagues to make decisions in the best interests of library patrons, volunteers, and staff.
Here is information that may be useful during our closure:
- Materials: All physical items, including museum passes, will not be available to check out while we are closed. Please do not return materials while the library is closed.
- Fines: All fines are waived during our closure. If you have materials out from our library, please do not return them while we are closed. We are automatically waiving fines for any items that become due while we are closed.
- Requests/Reserves: Physical materials cannot be requested or reserved while the library is closed.
- Digital Resources: We have a lot of great content you can access digitally. In most cases you use your Library Card Number and Password to access these resources. If you have lost your library card number or forgotten your password, please click HERE.
- E-Cards: If you do not already have a Minuteman library card, you can apply for a temporary e-card here. This will allow you to check out digital titles.
Ask a Librarian: While the library is closed, staff working from home will continue to return calls and answer email. To contact the library, please call 978-929-6543 and leave a message. A staff member will get back to you. Please note that the call-backs will come from a private number and will not show a caller ID. We are also available through email at: email@example.com. Please include your library card number in your voicemail or email as this will help us resolve most issues more quickly.