OverDrive Partner Libraries
by Reference Librarian 2 | April 22, 2019 at 12:04 PM
Did you know that the Minuteman Library Network has reciprocal lending agreements with seven other Massachusetts library networks? These agreements allow Minuteman patrons to use their Minuteman card to check out content from the other networks' digital catalogs.
Lending periods, as well as limits on the number of loans and holds, follow each network’s rules.
When fulfilling holds, priority is given to members of the home network -- for instance, Minuteman card holders are given priority for holds on items in the Minuteman digital catalog.
Here is how it works:
From a computer:
- Visit the Minuteman OverDrive catalog at: https://minuteman.overdrive.com
- At the top of the screen you will find a link to "Partner Libraries."
- Select one of the partner library networks from the list.
- From the partner library home screen choose "Sign In," select "Minuteman Library Patrons," and enter your Minuteman card number and PIN.
- You can now search and check out materials from the partner library just as you do from the Minuteman OverDrive catalog!
- To return items early, request renewals, or manage holds, you must sign in to your Account page on the lending network's OverDrive website. For example: items borrowed through CLAMS will not appear on your Account page on the Minuteman OverDrive website.
From the Libby mobile app:
- Tap on the Libby icon at the top right of the homescreen.
- Select "Add a Library" or select an already saved library from the list.
- Search for one of the following: Boston Public Library, CLAMS, CW MARS, Merrimack Valley Library Consortium, NOBLE, OCLN or SAILS.
- When asked to add a library card, choose "I'm visiting From Another Library." Choose "Minuteman Library Network." Enter your Minuteman card number and PIN.
- You can now search and check out materials from the partner library just as you do from the Minuteman OverDrive catalog
- Your Shelf displays all of your loans, holds, and tags from any network and library card added. You can completely manage or edit loans, holds, and tags from this one location.
- Each entry on your Shelf also indicates which network you borrowed that item from. The lending library network is marked by a square "gem" with their library network brand colors.
Enjoy content from all eight participating networks!