Libby App Notifications
by Reference Librarian 2 | July 8, 2020 at 03:07 PM
The Libby by OverDrive app gives you the option of receiving several notifications regarding the status of your loans and holds. You can choose to receive none, some, or all of these alerts by opening the app's Libby menu and tapping on Manage Notifications.
For each type of update, you can choose to ignore (no alert), receive only an in-app menu badge, or receive both the in-app badge and either a push notification on your device or an email notification.
Libby does not currently offer the option of receiving both push and email notifications. By default, you will receive push notifications on your Android or iOS device if you have allowed notifications from Libby in your device's Settings app.
If you have an Android or iOS device, you can receive emails instead of push notifications by following these steps:
- Go into your device's Settings app, then Notifications and Libby.
- Turn off all notification permissions for Libby.
- In the Libby app, tap Manage Notifications in the Libby menu.
- Tap Receive Email Notifications and enter your preferred email address, then tap Next.
- Tap the Email notice circle for each update which you would like to receive.
Push notifications are not available for the Libby app on Surface tablets or Windows 10 computers, or for the Libby website in any Internet browser. To receive email notifications from Libby on these devices instead of only the in-app menu badge:
- Select Manage Notifications in the app's Libby menu.
- Select the Email notice circle for each update which you would like to receive.
- At the bottom of the menu, select Fix this next to the note "You need to specify an email address..."
- Enter your preferred email address and select Next.
Once you customize your Libby notifications, these settings will apply to all of the library networks you have saved in the app. For instance, if you choose to receive a push notification for "Hold ready" for Minuteman items, you will receive a similar push notification for holds ready from your other saved networks.