"Encore"—The New Minuteman Catalog
by Library Staff | June 29, 2015 at 11:06 AM
The Minuteman Library Network has migrated all MLN Catalog users to the newer version of the Minuteman Catalog, known as “Encore.” In preparation for this transition, the library updated the Catalog and My Account links on the library website on July 28th. Those links now point to the new Encore catalog at http://find.minlib.net. The classic catalog was permanently retired on September 1.
The older version of the catalog has become outdated and is incompatible with newer web features and functions that are already included in Encore. Among the benefits of Encore are:
- The ability to search for, place holds, and checkout e-books, e-audiobooks and streaming video right from within the Minuteman catalog.
- The ability to see e-content checkouts and holds from “My Account.”
- The option of choosing the “Articles & Reviews” tab which includes full text articles in search results.
- A simple-to-use, Google-like search box.
- Improved relevancy ranking (the most popular titles display at the top).
- Search result screens with “facets” on the left side that allow users to narrow results in a variety of ways without going to an Advanced search screen.
- The ability to view library location and checkout status without leaving the search results screen.
- The ability to view non-roman scripts (Chinese, Russian) right on the search results page.
- The ability to browse library shelves, title by title.
- The ability to limit results to online titles, or physical titles that are currently on the shelf.
- A mobile version of the catalog with the same functionality as the desktop version.
If you have questions about the new Minuteman Catalog, please stop by or call the Reference Desk at 978-929-6543, or email us at: email@example.com.