Digital Library Services
by Reference Librarian 2 | March 28, 2019 at 05:03 PM
Acton Memorial Library subscribes to two services which provide free access to ebooks and other digital materials. Library patrons may access these resources any time, even when the physical library is closed.
While digital titles may be returned early, they all will automatically go back at the end of the lending period. No need to worry about fines or late fees!
Available to all Minuteman Library Network patrons:
- How to access: OverDrive website on desktop/laptop or for transfer to ereader, including Kindle; free "OverDrive" or "Libby" by OverDrive mobile app
- Content: Downloadable ebooks and audiobooks, downloadable magazines, and streaming video; ebooks and audiobooks include popular titles and bestsellers
- Lending limits: Up to 10 titles at a time, for 1-3 weeks each. Shorter lending period for videos. Magazines are always available and do not count toward the 10 titles.
Available to residents of Acton and other subscribing communities:
- How to access: Hoopla website on desktop/laptop to stream content; free "Hoopla Digital" mobile app to stream or download content for offline use
- Content: On-demand ebooks, audiobooks, comics, movies, television shows and full music albums. Content is always available – no holds, no waiting!
- Lending limits: Up to 8 titles per calendar month
Patrons may access these services through the library’s E-Resources page:
Please call the Acton Memorial Library reference desk (978-929-6543) with any questions about these resources.