AML at Home
Last updated: May 29, 2020
Library Closure Information
The Acton Memorial Library is closed to the public until further notice to help minimize the spread of COVID-19.
June 1, 2020 Update
Our outdoor book drop is now open for returns.
Due dates for all materials have been extended to June 17.
Materials will be quarantined for up to 7 days after they are returned. All late fines will be waived at this time.
We are working on plans for curbside contactless pickup.
Please check our social media, website, or newsletter for the latest updates.
May 29, 2020 update
We are actively working on our plans to phase in our in-person services. Our highest priority is the health and safety of our library patrons and library staff. We will be following public health guidelines and working closely with other town departments, our library network, and neighboring libraries to determine when it will be safe to begin in-person services. We plan to begin curbside pick-up in the next couple of weeks and will be posting more information about it soon. In the meantime, please continue to check our website, follow us on social media, or sign up for our newsletter. For the latest information in Acton, please visit https://www.actonma.gov/704/COVID-19
Here is information that may be useful during our closure:
- Materials: All physical items, including museum passes, will not be available to check out while we are closed.
- Fines: All fines are waived during our closure. We are automatically waiving fines for any items that become due while we are closed.
- Requests/Reserves: Physical materials cannot be requested or reserved while the library is closed.
- Donations: We cannot accept donations of used books while the library is closed.
Stay Engaged with the Library
Stay up-to-date with library news and announcements by following us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, by checking the library's YouTube channel and website, and by subscribing to our email newsletter.
Ask a Librarian
While the library is closed, staff working from home will continue to return calls and answer email. To contact the library, please call 978-929-6543 and leave a message. A staff member will get back to you. Please note that the call-backs will come from a private number and will not show a caller ID. We are also available through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your library card number in your voicemail or email as this will help us resolve most issues more quickly.
Ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, music, movies and research databases ...!
- Overdrive: Ebooks, Audiobooks, Magazines
- Hoopla: Ebooks, Audiobooks, Video and Music
- Kanopy: Streaming video
- Digital Library Staff Picks: Themed lists of titles selected by AML staff
- Ancestry Library Edition: For a limited time, available to Acton residents from home
- See the whole list of e-resources here
Lost Library Card or Password
In most cases you use your Library Card Number and Password to access the Digital Content listed above. If you have lost your library card number or forgotten your password, please click HERE.
Don't Already Have a Card? Get an eCard!
If you do not already have a Minuteman library card, you can apply for a temporary e-card here. This will allow you to check out digital titles. Additional resources are available to all Massachusetts residents from the Boston Public Library with a BPL eCard.
AML Programs from Home
Mass. Free Digital Library
- Always free and currently free e-resources from the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners and the Massachusetts Library System