AML at Home
Last updated: July 2, 2020
The Acton Memorial Library is closed to the public until further notice to help minimize the spread of COVID-19.
You can now request Acton items online for curbside pick up at find.minlib.net
- Go to find.minlib.net and request items online. Only request Acton items!
- A staff member will call you within a couple of days to schedule a pickup when your holds are ready.
- Pick up your holds at your appointment time.
- We ask that you limit holds to 5 items.
- If you need assistance placing holds in the catalog, please call the Reference Department at 978-929-6543 and leave a message. We will return your call.
- If you missed your pickup appointment or need to reschedule an appointment, please call the circulation department at 978-929-6655 between the hours of 10:30 am - 5:30 pm Monday-Friday, and 10:30 am - 1:30 pm on Saturdays.
The library is open for curbside pickup by appointment only.
We are actively working on our plans to phase in our in-person services. Our highest priority is the health and safety of our library patrons and library staff. We will be following public health guidelines and working closely with other town departments, our library network, and neighboring libraries to determine when it will be safe to begin in-person services. In the meantime, please continue to check our website, follow us on social media, or sign up for our newsletter. For the latest information in Acton, please visit https://www.actonma.gov/704/COVID-19
Here is additional information that may be useful during our closure:
- Returns: Our outdoor bookdrop is now open for returns. Materials will be quarantined for up to 7 days after they are returned.
- Requests/Reserves: Materials currently available in the library can be held for curbside pickup. Delivery services from other libraries are not yet available.
- Fines: All fines are waived during our closure. We are automatically waiving fines for any items that become due while we are closed.
- Donations: We cannot accept donations of used books while the library is closed.
Stay Engaged with the Library
Stay up-to-date with library news and announcements by following us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, by checking the library's YouTube channel and website, and by subscribing to our email newsletter.
Ask a Librarian
While the library is closed, staff working from home will continue to return calls and answer email. To contact the library, please call 978-929-6543 and leave a message. A staff member will get back to you. Please note that the call-backs will come from a private number and will not show a caller ID. We are also available through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org (or email the Children's department at: ActChildrens@minlib.net). Please include your library card number in your voicemail or email as this will help us resolve most issues more quickly.
Ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, music, movies and research databases ...!
- Overdrive: Ebooks, Audiobooks, Magazines
- Hoopla: Ebooks, Audiobooks, Video and Music
- Kanopy: Streaming video
- Digital Library Staff Picks: Themed lists of titles selected by AML staff
- Ancestry Library Edition: For a limited time, available to Acton residents from home
- See the whole list of e-resources here
Lost Library Card or Password
In most cases you use your Library Card Number and Password to access the Digital Content listed above. If you have lost your library card number or forgotten your password, please click HERE.
Don't Already Have a Card? Get an eCard!
If you do not already have a Minuteman library card, you can apply for a temporary e-card here. This will allow you to check out digital titles. Additional resources are available to all Massachusetts residents from the Boston Public Library with a BPL eCard.
AML Programs from Home
Mass. Free Digital Library
- Always free and currently free e-resources from the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners and the Massachusetts Library System