New Books in the Children's Room
Programs and Events
READ TO MOLLY
Young readers may make a 15 minute appointment to read aloud to Molly, a 4 year old Labradoodle. Molly has gone to school to be a therapy dog, so she is a perfect listener. Molly and her person are members of the Pets and People Foundation. To make an appointment, contact the Children's Room at 978 929-6655 option 4.
- Storytimes for Ages 3 and Up
- Two Year Olds: Children 24 to 36 months old and their grown-ups are invited to enjoy stories, songs, finger plays, and more to foster a love of books and early language development. Sign-up at the desk in the Children' Room or call them at 978 929-6655 option 4.
- Under Two's: Children up to 23 months old and their grown-ups are invited to rhyme, bounce, and read with other little ones and their caregivers. These new programs will include nursery rhymes, simple stories, songs, finger plays, and movement.
MUSIC FOR CHILDREN
Ed Morgan, Live Music for Kids: Bring Your Kids to Dance and Sing Along. This series is sponsored by the Friends of the Acton Libraries.
- Britannica Learning Zone (early childhood)
- Britannica Library: Children (a multimedia encyclopedia for younger students)
- Britannica School Edition (with an Elementary school learning level option)
- KidsInfoBits (for students K-5)