New Books in the Children's Room
Programs and Events
School Vacation Week Activities
- Tuesday, April 17, 3:30-4:15 p.m., Ed the Music Man—for all ages
- Wednesday, April 18, 1:30-3:30 p.m. Movie: Wonder (PG) for ages 8 and up. Based on the novel by R. J. Palacio, the movie tells the story of a boy with facial differences joining a mainstream fifth grade. Whether they’ve read the book or not, viewers are sure to appreciate the movie’s take on how hard it can be to fit in and feel good about yourself, no matter what your appearance. One adult must remain at the library for each family group.
- Thursday, April 19, 2-4 p.m., Drop-in Family Games—for ages 4 and up. Enjoy Monopoly, puzzles, card games, checkers, chess, and more.
- Friday, April 20, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Drop-in crafts for ages 5 and up
- FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT: The Swan Princess: Royally Undercover is scheduled for Friday, April 20 at 7 p.m. After mysterious visitors arrive in the Kingdom, Princess Alise, Lucas and their friends go undercover on a secret spy adventure to see if the newcomers can be trusted. They will need all of their superior detective skills as well as some super cool gadgets to solve the royal mystery and save the Kingdom. Rated G.
- Under Two, Tremendous Twos, and Preschool Story Times will be held at their usual times during vacation week
Calling Young Collectors!
Youngsters who have a special collection they would like to share are invited to sign up for a space in the Children’s Room display cases. Collections of all types are welcome, from pictures of aardvarks to small stuffed zebras. If you are interested, please contact the Children’s Room at 978 929-6655 option 4 for details and to sign up.
- Britannica Learning Zone (early childhood)
- Britannica Library: Children (a multimedia encyclopedia for younger students)
- Britannica School Edition (with an Elementary school learning level option)
- KidsInfoBits (for students K-5)