Resources for English Language Learners
- "Literacy Collection": Books and audio CDs on learning English.
- TOEFL and citizenship test preparation books.
- Mango Languages online language learning service, includes English programs. If you are an Acton resident, you may also use this service from a home computer or mobile app.
- Laptop with Rosetta Stone English Levels 1-3, for use in the library.
- TOEFL, TOEIC and citizenship test preparation via the Testing and Education Resource Center online service. Acton residents may also use this service from home.
- Collections in Chinese, French, Spanish, Russian, Korean, Portuguese, Gujarati, Hindi, and Tamil.
- Computers with ability to input Asian and other non-roman scripts.
- Library Catalog that can be searched with Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Russian input.
- Study rooms for English learners and their non-profit tutors (call ahead to schedule a room).
Acton Memorial Library, Reference Department, 978-929-6543.
English at Large (tutors and conversation groups), www.englishatlarge.org, 781-395-2374.
Hudson Maynard Adult Learning Center (ESOL and citizenship classes), www.hmalc-learn.org
Massachusetts Adult Literacy Hotline, for other English language learning services in Massachusetts http://getrealmass.info/hotline, 1-800-447-8844