Tax Filing Information
- Due to recently announced changes to the IRS Tax Forms Outlet Program, the library will be receiving a very limited number of IRS forms this year, and no instruction booklets. Federal forms and publications are available online at: irs.gov/forms. You may order forms to be delivered by U.S. mail at: irs.gov/orderforms, or by calling 1-800-829-3676.
- A limited number of Mass. forms are now available at the library. Massachusetts forms and instructions are also available online at: mass.gov/dor/forms or by calling the Department of Revenue at 1-800-392-6089.
- 1099s and other employer forms may be ordered online: http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Online-Ordering-for-Information-Returns-and-Employer-Returns
- Where to get tax forms: Printable flyer with web links and telephone numbers (2-up, MS Word)
- Electronic filing information from the IRS
- WebFile information from Massachusetts Department of Revenue
- Contact AARP Tax Service Assistance at 978-760-9146 for appointments at the Acton Memorial Library. This AARP Foundation program provides free tax service assistance to low-to-moderate income taxpayers, with special attention to those age 60 and older. Complex issues such as business losses over $10,000 and other extraordinary items may be beyond the scope of the program. When making an appointment, please mention any special tax issues.
- AARP Foundation Tax Aide Locator ( late January/early February to April 15 )
The following tax reference materials are available in the library or online: