Tax Filing Information
- Federal forms and publications are available online at: irs.gov/forms. As of 02/12/2018, we have on hand a limited number of: 1040 forms, 1040 instuction booklets, 1040A instruction booklets and 1040EZ forms. Other forms and instructions have not yet been received. You may order forms to be delivered by U.S. mail at: irs.gov/orderforms, or by calling 1-800-829-3676.
- 1099, W2, and other employer forms can be ordered online at: http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Online-Ordering-for-Information-Returns-and-Employer-Return. As of 02/12/2018 the library has a very limited number of 1099-Misc. forms available.
- Massachusetts forms and instructions are available online at: mass.gov/dor/forms or by calling the Department of Revenue at 1-800-392-6089. As of Feb. 2, we have on hand a limited number of the Mass. Form 1 instruction booklets and Non-Resident instruction booklets. Limit 1 per household.
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide, an AARP Foundation program, helps low- to moderate-income taxpayers have more discretionary income for everyday essentials, such as food and housing, by assisting with tax services and ensuring they receive applicable tax credits and deductions. The program is available free to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those 60 and older. Through a cadre of trained volunteers, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide has helped low- to moderate-income individuals for more than 40 years. Appointments are limited to those who earn less than $60,000. Complex issues such as net business loss, depreciation, rental income, and other extraordinary items may be out-of-scope, so please mention your issues when you call.
An appointment is REQUIRED. To make one, call the Acton Area AARP Tax Aide line at 978-760-9146. UPDATE: AARP Tax Aide at the Memorial Library is full for Feb. and March 2018. They will start taking new appointments for late March and early April on March 3.
The Acton Council on Aging has a limited number of tax aide appointments for Acton seniors (978-929-6652).
Other AARP Tax Aide sites: AARP Foundation Tax Aide Locator (available late January/early February to April 15)
- IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs
- IRS.gov Exempt Organizations Select Check: Information about tax-exempt organizations, including those eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
The following tax reference materials are available in the library: