College Choice and College Financing
- Acton-Boxborough Regional High School College Information page
- Bigfuture, by the College Board, College Search: Create a free account and search for colleges based on multiple criteria.
- The Choice: This New York Times blog examines all facets of the college admissions process.
- College Navigator: Search the largest collection of data on US colleges and universities using this U.S. Department of Education database.
- Princeton Review: Advice and information about college test preparation as well as college reviews and rankings based on student survey results.
- Testing & Education Reference Center: Acton residents may search this subscription database by logging in with a valid library card. Choose "College Prep Tools" and then "College Search"
- Unigo: Get the inside scoop on your favorite schools by searching over 100,000 reviews written by college students for prospective students.
- U.S. News & World Report: College rankings: A major college ranking organization, U.S. News & World Report provides extensive reviews and rankings of colleges and universities both at undergraduate and graduate levels. These rankings are based on statistics and faculty/administration surveys.
- FAFSA on the Web: Federal student aid program information, eligibility, and online FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) forms.
- FastWeb: A scholarship matching service with a database of more than 1.5 million scholarships. Also provides information about careers, internships and financial aid.
- FinAid: A comprehensive look at student financial aid programs, scholarships, loans and college savings plans.
- Pay for College (CollegeBoard.com): Contains information on financial aid, loan programs, scholarships, and college financing calculators.