Local History E-books
Public Domain Book Collections
- The Internet Archive, https://archive.org
- Acton Memorial Library books contributed to the Internet Archive, https://archive.org/details/actonmemoriallibrary
- Digital Public Library of America, http://dp.la
- Hathi Trust Digital Library, http://www.hathitrust.org
Acton Town Histories
- 1835. Shattuck, Lemuel. A history of the Town of Concord, Middlesex County, Massachusetts: from its earliest settlement to 1832; and of the adjoining towns, Bedford, Acton, Lincoln, and Carlisle. (Internet Archive). See "History of Acton" on pages 274-293.
- 1890. Fletcher, James. Acton in history: compiled for the Middlesex County history. (Internet Archive)
- 1954. Phalen, Harold R. History of the town of Acton. (Hathi Trust).
Annual Town Reports
- Annual Town Reports (1853-2010) and Assessors' Lists (1850-1926) (Internet Archive)
Acton Vital Records
- Vital Records of Acton, Massachusetts, to the Year 1850. (Internet Archive)
Acton Family Histories
- Blanchard family. Hudson, Alfred Sereno. Commemorative of Calvin and Luther Blanchard (1899). (Internet Archive)
- Davis family. Davis, Horace. Dolor Davis: a sketch of his life with a record of his earlier descendants (1881). (Internet Archive)
- Hayward family. Adams, William Frederick. James Hayward, born April 4, 1750, killed in the Battle of Lexington April 19, 1775, with genealogical notes relating to the Haywards (1911). (Internet Archive)
- Hosmer family. Hosmer, George L. Hosmer genealogy; descendants of James Hosmer who emigrated to America in 1635 and settled in Concord, Mass. (1928). (Hathi Trust)
- White, Mark, family. White, Thomas, Ancestral Chronological Records of the William White family, from 1607-8 to 1895 (1895). (Internet Archive)
See other LOCAL HISTORY resources.