The Genealogy Collection is a non-circulating, secure collection of materials that aid family history research. The collection has an emphasis on Massachusetts and also on the Civil War. The Genealogy Collection is accessible whenever the library is open. Researchers are asked to sign in at the Reference Desk before using the collection.
The library also maintains subscriptions to the following electronic resources:
- American Ancestors (library use only)
- Ancestry Library Edition (library use only)
- Access NewspaperArchives (includes remote access for Acton residents)
- Fold3 Library Edition, by Ancestry (includes remote access for Acton residents)
- Massachusetts History: An Arcadia Publishing & History Press Collection (via Biblioboard)
- Proquest Historical Newspapers (includes remote access for Acton residents)
- WorldVitalRecords (includes remote access for Acton residents)
To access these databases, visit our E-Resources page and scroll down to the Genealogy & Local History category.