The library has a Chinese language collection, and smaller collections of books in French, Spanish, Russian, Korean, Portuguese, Gujarati, Hindi, and Tamil.
Searching the MLN Catalog for Foreign Language Materials
To search for materials in a specfiic language (in this example we will search for books in Tamil in the MLN classic Catalog):
- go to: http://library.minlib.net/search/
- click on "Advanced Search"
- type a single asterisk (*) in the first search box
- choose "Book" from the Material Type drop-down box
- choose "Acton" from the Location drop-down box
- scroll down and choose "Tamil" from the Language drop-down box
- click the "Submit" button
MLN Catalog Language Interface
MLN Catalog Language Input
In addition, the Minuteman Catalog can be searched with Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Russian character input. Your computer must be configured to allow input of these non-roman scripts. The instructions for adding input languages are different for different computer operating systems. For instructions on how to add an input language in Windows 7, see:
For detailed instructions on installing and using various Chinese Input Method Editors, see: http://www.pinyinjoe.com/
The library has a collection of books and CDs for learning various languages. We also subscribe to Mango Languages, an online language learning program.