Book Discussion Groups
Resources for Book Groups
- Book and Media Links: useful links for book lovers and book groups.
- Acton Memorial Library Book Group Form: use this form to request multiple copies of books for your upcoming book disucssion group. Fill out page 2 of the form to list your group below:
Book Discussion Groups in Acton
Acton Memorial Library Book Discussion Group
The Library Book Group meets in the second floor Conference Room at 7:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of the month. All are welcome. Copies of the books will be available at the circulation desk.
- September 19, 2017 – Michele Holland will lead The Dog Master: A Novel of the First Dog, by W. Bruce Cameron.
- October 17, 2017 – Pam Lynn will lead Richard B. Primack’s Walden Warming, paired with Richard Higgins’ Thoreau and the Language of Trees. Primack’s work is scientific and Higgins a bit more poetic.
- November 21, 2017 – Kim Kastens will lead The Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming by Naomi Oreskes and Eric M. Conway.
Please check the Events Calendar to confirm dates, times, and book titles.
Friends of Pine Hawk Book Discussion Series
The Friends of Pine Hawk also sponsor a book discussion series. The list of titles discussed, past and future, can be found here.