Acton Memorial Library
BEE STING CAUSED DEATH.
Several of the members of Isaac Davis Post, 138 G.A.R. went to Carlisle Sunday to attend the funeral services of their comrade, Edwin Carr, whose sudden death from the sting of a bee occurred last Friday morning while he was cutting hay with a mowing machine in his meadow. The bee stung him on one ear and he fell from the machine, expiring almost instantly. Mr. Carr was stung last year and so affected that he lay unconscious for some time. Funeral services were held at his late home Sunday afternoon with burial at Carlisle. The ritual service of the Grange, to which he belonged, also the G.A.R. was performed at the grave.