MyHeritage Library Edition
by Library Staff | July 12, 2018 at 04:07 PM
Aug. 11, 2018: The issue some patrons were having trying to access this resource appear to be resolved. Please call the Reference Desk at 978-929-6543 if you continue to have problems accessing this our any other of our electronic resources.
The library subscribes to several genealogy services. Licenses restrict the use of some of these resources (including "Ancestry" and "American Ancestors") to library computers, but “MyHeritage Library Edition” can be accessed by remote users with home computers. Highlights include:
- MyHeritage Family Trees, which includes more than 2.8 billion records
- the full set of USA census records from 1790 to 1940, with a total of 650 million names
- U.S. Passenger and Immigration Lists, 1500 - 1900, with more than 5 million records
- Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers, 1836-1922, with 10,186,650 pages from 1,952 sources; and other historic newspaper collections
- A compilation of searchable books and publications that include 84 million pages from 448,000 sources
- Military draft, enlistment, service and pension records
- U.S. Social Security Death Index, with 94 million names
- International records
Remote access limited to Acton residents. Acton residents can login from home by visiting our E-Resources page.