Frequently Asked Questions about the Libby App
by Reference Librarian 2 | June 27, 2018 at 04:06 PM
Here are answers to frequently asked questions about Libby, the newest app for OverDrive:
What devices are compatible with Libby?
Libby is currently available for Android (non-Kindle), iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), and Windows 10 devices.
Please note: Libby is not currently available for Amazon Kindle Fire tablets. Fire users can enjoy ebooks and audiobooks through OverDrive using one of these options:
- Download the original OverDrive app from the Amazon App Store.
- Deliver the book in Kindle Book format from the OverDrive website in any Internet browser.
- Use the "Send to Kindle" option in the Libby app on a Libby-compatible device.
How do I see my place in line for a hold?
After you place a hold, you can view your place in line by going to Shelf > Holds, then tapping Wait List next to the book in question. You’ll see:
- Your approximate wait time for the title
- Your place in line
- Total # of copies available at your library
- Total holds for the title
- The number of people waiting per copy
How do I send books to my Kindle?
You can send most books borrowed in Libby to your Kindle. To send a book to Kindle:
- Tap Shelf
- Tap Manage Loan, then Send to Device
- Tap the underlined your Kindle device option (above the book cover), then Kindle
- Tap Send to Kindle
- You'll be taken to Amazon's website to finish getting the book.
- If you're signed into your Amazon account, verify the "Deliver to:" device and tap Get library book.
- If you're not signed into your Amazon account, tap Get library book, sign in, and choose a device to deliver the book to.
How do I make Kindle my preferred way to read?
If you always read on your Kindle, you can make Kindle your preferred reading device in Libby. To set Kindle as your preferred device:
- Tap the icon at the top right of the screen to access the Libby menu
- Tap Set Up Libby, then tap Select Reading Devices
- Under Reading Device, tap the underlined in Libby option
- Tap on my Kindle
After you change this setting:
- You'll see a Read with Kindle link immediately after borrowing a Kindle-compatible book.
- You'll still need to select Send to Kindle to finish sending each book to your Kindle.
- Books won't automatically download to Libby, regardless of your "Automatic Downloads" setting.
How can I change the text of an ebook?
Font, text size, and spacing are all adjustable in Libby. Each of these settings can be adjusted to your personal reading preference. Once you open a book, click on the menu icon in the upper-right-hand corner, and then tap Reading Settings. From there, you can adjust settings like text scale (or size), lighting, and book design. Below is an overview of these features:
Text Scale: Adjusted by using the scale. Slide to the left to decrease the text size, or slide to the right to increase the text size.
Lighting: There are three lighting options – bright (good for daytime reading), sepia (similar to a paperback), and dark (good for nighttime reading).
Book Design: Libby offers six pre-selected options for font & page design:
- Publisher's Default
- OpenDyslexic: This book design uses the OpenDeslexic font to increase the readability of text for readers with dyslexia. Learn more at opendyslexic.org.
- Custom: This option allows you to select a font (Palatino, Georgia, Old style, Cochin, Serif, or Sans Serif), adjust your justification (Left or Justified), select a line spacing (1.0, 1.5, or 2.0), and choose a weight for the text (Normal or Heavy).
How can I view my book progress?
You can see your total book progress by tapping the center of the device. In the bottom center of the screen, you’ll see your current chapter number and page number out of the total pages in the book. If you tap the page number label once, Libby will reveal how many pages are left in the current chapter. Tap the label again to show your total book progress as a percentage, and tap once more to return to the current chapter/page number.
In the audiobook player, the total time left in the audiobook is displayed in the lower right hand corner of Libby by default. By tapping the Time Left label (above the timeline) you can cycle through different time displays: total time elapsed in the audiobook, time left in current chapter, and total progress as a percentage.
How do I return a book early?
Titles are automatically returned to the library when the book reaches its due date, so you never need to worry about late fees. However, if you finish reading or listening to a book before it is due, you may return it early by following these steps:
- Tap Shelf
- Tap on the title you want to return
- Tap Return Title to Libray, then tap Return
Please note: If you have downloaded a title to the original OverDrive app, to Adobe Digital Editions, or as a Kindle book, you won’t be able to return it from the Libby app. However, you can return it from the application you used to download the title (OverDrive app or ADE) or from Amazon (for Kindle books).
You can find answers to more common questions about the Libby app here.