Finding Available Ebooks
by Library Staff | July 16, 2014 at 03:07 PM
The majority of the 17,000 ebook and e-audiobook titles in the Minuteman Digital Catalog were purchased by the Minuteman Library Network for the use by all Minuteman patrons.
There are however, hundreds of additional copies of books that are available only to Acton residents. There are some titles which only Acton residents can access.
To view these additional titles, residents must log in first.
Follow these steps to limit your search to titles available now. (These instructions are for the mobile app, but the desktop browser instructions are similar):
- Open the Overdrive app and go the Minuteman Library Network digital catalog.
- Tap "Sign In" at the top right and enter your card number and PIN.
- Tap the search icon (it looks like a magnifying glass).
- Tap "Advanced Search" located beneath the Search Box.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and check the "Available Now" box.
- Tap Search.
At this point you may wish to sort the search results by "Added to Site" to get the most recent purchases on top.
The Acton-owned titles are indicated by an orange "a" logo on the upper left corner of the book cover.
A round icon on the upper right will indicate whether the book is text or audio.
To check out a title, tap a book cover and click "Borrow."
Then click "Download."
If you have questions, or need additional assistance, please call the reference desk at 978-929-6543. We are happy to help!