Ebooks at the Library
by Reference Librarian 2 | February 15, 2017 at 08:02 PM
Acton Memorial Library subscribes to a number of services which provide free access to ebooks and other digital materials. Library patrons may access these resources any time, even when the physical library is closed.
While digital titles may be returned early, they all will automatically go back at the end of the lending period. No need to worry about fines or late fees!
Available to all Minuteman Library Network patrons:
- How to access: OverDrive website on desktop/laptop or for transfer to ereader, including Kindle; free OverDrive mobile app
- Content: Downloadable ebooks and audiobooks, plus streaming video; ebooks and audiobooks include popular titles and bestsellers
- Lending limits: Up to 10 titles at a time, for 1-3 weeks each. (Shorter lending period for videos.)
Available to residents of Acton and other subscribing communities:
- How to access: Hoopla website on desktop/laptop to stream content; free Hoopla Digital mobile app to stream or download content for offline use
- Content: On-demand ebooks, audiobooks, comics, movies, television shows and full music albums. Content is always available – no holds, no waiting!
- Lending limits: Up to 8 titles per calendar month
- How to access: Axis 360 website on desktop/laptop (ebooks only) or for transfer to non-Kindle ereader; free Axis 360 mobile app
- Content: Downloadable ebooks and audiobooks; includes popular titles and bestsellers, similar to OverDrive
- Lending limits: Up to 3 titles at a time, for 3 weeks each
- How to access: BiblioBoard website on desktop/laptop; free BiblioBoard Library mobile app
- Content: Diverse group of small ebook, video and audio collections. Includes self-published authors, primary source materials, small press titles, graphic novels and the Dummies series.
- Lending limits: No checkout limits or lending periods
Patrons may access these services through the library’s E-Resources page:
Please call the Acton Memorial Library reference desk (978-929-6543) with any questions about these resources.