Drop-In Computer Help
On the third Wednesday of every month, the Acton Memorial Library offers Drop-In Computer Help. The program runs from 3 to 4 p.m. in the Library Conference Room.
For that hour, a reference librarian will be on hand to help you with a variety of technology questions. While we are certainly not qualified to fix a broken computer, we are happy to help you with questions you may have about using your computer, tablet or other device.
Some examples of drop-in lessons:
- Learning how to borrow and download E-Books and E-Audiobooks from the library’s Digital Media Catalog.
- Creating a new email address using Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook.
- Taking a Word document and attaching it to an email.
- Emailing photos from an iPhone.
- Formatting a letter in Microsoft Word.
You can feel free to come to the drop-in session with your own laptop computer, tablet or phone. We also have a few library laptops that you can use during the class.
There is no registration required. Feel free to come by!
In addition to these casual drop-in sessions, the library offers a variety of technology classes throughout the year. Be sure to check our calendar of classes.
Join our mailing list to be notified about upcoming classes and events.
If you have any questions, please call the Reference Desk at 978-929-6543.comments powered by Disqus